The procedures for HHD Placement are as follows:
1. If you are interested in entering HHD Placement you will need to complete and submit a HHD Application before you are considered an active candidate. Please refer to the Placement Practices code for more information.
2. All colleagues who are on active HHD Placement will receive regular email updates when new positions are posted. You may also check the CA website daily to review and view new HHD Placement Postings.
2. Read the Questionnaire(s) thoroughly.
3. When you have chosen the Congregation(s) to which you would like to apply, send an email with your request to the Placement Coordinator, Crystle Martin, at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MAY NOT APPLY DIRECTLY TO CONGREGATIONS FOR HHD POSITIONS!
4. Include in the email the City, State and Congregation to which you’d like to apply.
5. Your request will be forwarded to Cantor Jeremy Lipton, Director of Placement and once approved, Crystle will email your resume to the Congregation(s) of your choice
6. Please note: if you wish to apply to a Congregation not listed with the CA – you will need to email Cantor Lipton at: email@example.com for prior approval.
7. When you receive the confirmation email, you are encouraged, at that time, to reach out to the Congregation Search Chair(s) directly with a cover letter, audio files and any further materials you wish to share with the Search Committee.
8. Please email Crystle regularly with your progress. This would include scheduled interviews; when you have entered into negotiations and/or are hired; or if you decide to remove yourself from HHD Placement.