It may have been the first time in over 500 years that Hebrew was heard in these walls. The members of the Cantors Assembly Mission to Spain visited Santa María la Blanca built in the late 12th century, it was originally known as the Ibn Shushan Synagogue. It survived the ages as a catholic church, it is still owned and maintained by the Arch Diocese of Spain. the Ibn Shushan Synagogue is considered to be the oldest synagogue structure in Europe still standing. Joined by the other 60 Cantors on the mission, Hazzan Alberto Mizrahi, President of the Cantors Assembly leads a singing of Ani Ma'amin in what became one of the most moving moments of the mission.
About The Author
Listen to our members
- NOW AVAILABLE – Hodu V’Zamru: Selections from Biblical Texts for Voice & Accompaniment
- Sacred Sounds: Passover 2017 Issue Now Available!
- Don’t Miss These Amazing Concerts at Convention!
- The Countdown is on to the 70th Annual Convention, Kol Kol: Every Voice!
- Just Released: Journal of Synagogue Music, March 2017 edition