It may have been the first time in over 500 years that Hebrew was heard in these walls. The members of the Cantors Assembly Mission to Spain visited Santa María la Blanca built in the late 12th century, it was originally known as the Ibn Shushan Synagogue. It survived the ages as a catholic church, it is still owned and maintained by the Arch Diocese of Spain. the Ibn Shushan Synagogue is considered to be the oldest synagogue structure in Europe still standing. Joined by the other 60 Cantors on the mission, Hazzan Alberto Mizrahi, President of the Cantors Assembly leads a singing of Ani Ma'amin in what became one of the most moving moments of the mission.
About The Author
Listen To Our Members
- Exclusive Interview with Rabbi Cantor Jeffrey Myers
- CA 2020 Mission: A Jewish Musical Journey Trough Italy
- High Holiday Mahzorim for Youth and Children: NEW & NOW AVAILABLE!
- For Cantors, Is Singing The End Or Just The Beginning?
- Cantors Assembly Trip to Uganda: Mission Accomplished or Just Beginning?